The Law Offices of Michael Baker is a Chicago based law firm serving individuals and and foreign corporate clients. Our areas of practice include: Immigration and Naturalization Law, Criminal Defense and DUI (Driving under the Influence of Alcohol), traffic and reinstatement.
Our firm’s Immigration and Nationality practice includes:
- Employment and investment-based temporary visas (E, H, J, L, O, P nonimmigrant visas)
- Employment and investment-based permanent visas (EB-1, EB-2, EB-3, EB-5 immigrant visas)
- Labor certification (PERM)
- Family-based permanent visas Consular processing of nonimmigrant and immigrant visas
- Adjustment of status, work, family relative petition, marriage based application for green card
- Federal court litigation, Administrative appeals
- Removal (deportation) defense, Post-Conviction relief
- Naturalization, U.S. Citizenship by Acquisition or Derivation
We represent businesses, law firms, educational institutions, and individuals in the U.S. and abroad in all areas of immigration law. We represent employers seeking temporary and permanent visas for key employees and managers; entrepreneurs and investors seeking visas to manage their investments; multinational companies seeking to transfer key employees and managers to the U.S.; and companies seeking to avoid employer sanctions. We also represent individuals seeking temporary and permanent status in the U.S. for themselves and their families; seeking naturalization as U.S. citizens; acquiring citizenship as a minor, through U.S. parent(s) or grandparent(s), seeking defense in removal (deportation) proceedings, with a concentration in Post-Conviction relief to ameliorate the harsh immigration consequence of federal and and state criminal convictions and jail sentences.