The Law Offices of Michael Baker is a Chicago based law firm serving individuals, as well as domestic and foreign corporate clients. Our areas of practice include: Immigration and Naturalization Law, Criminal Defense and DUI litigation, Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation cases. From offices in Chicago and Wheeling, Illinois we offer responsive service across a broad spectrum of civil and criminal matters.
Confidential consultation: (312) 380-6376 | (847) 282-4723
Mike Baker's immigration practice concentration includes:
- Employment and investment-based temporary visas (E, H, J, L, O, P)
- Employment and investment-based permanent visas (EB-1, EB-2, EB-3, EB-5)
- Labor certification (PERM)
- Family-based permanent visas Consular processing of nonimmigrant and immigrant visas
- Adjustment of status
- Administrative appeals
- Federal court litigation
- Removal (deportation) defense
Criminal, DUI, traffic ticket, license revocation hearing:
- Homicide – 1st degree murder, felony murder, capital murder, intentional homicide of an unborn child, 2nd degree murder, voluntary manslaughter of an unborn child, manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter, drug induced homicide, reckless homicide and attempted murder.
- Sex Offenses – criminal sexual assault, aggravated criminal sexual assault, predatory criminal sexual assault of a child, criminal sexual abuse, aggravated criminal sexual abuse, rape, statutory rape, sexual exploitation of a child, failure to register as a sex offender, public indecency, prostitution, soliciting for a prostitute, soliciting for a juvenile prostitute, pandering, keeping a place of prostitution, keeping a place of juvenile prostitution, patronizing a prostitute, patronizing a juvenile prostitute, pimping, juvenile pimping, obscenity, and child pornography.
- Drunk Driving (DUI/DWI)/Traffic Violations – driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI), driving under the influence of intoxicating compounds (DWI), petitions to rescind statutory summary suspensions (suspensions resulting from DUI/DWI arrests), driving while driver’s license is suspended or revoked, fleeing or attempting to elude police officer, aggravated fleeing or attempt to elude a police officer, leaving the scene of a property or personal injury accident, drag racing, aggravated speeding (driving 40 miles per hour or more in excess of the speed limit), reckless driving, aggravated reckless driving, speeding, speeding in a school zone, speeding in a construction zone, failure to stop at a stop sign, failure to obey a traffic control device, open alcohol in automobile, passing a school bus while stop sign is out, and all other traffic violations.
- Drug Crimes – possession of a controlled substance such as cocaine, heroin, ecstasy, GHB, and all other scheduled substances, possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver, delivery of a controlled substance, delivery of a controlled substance within 1000 feet of a school or church, possession of cannabis, possession of cannabis with the intent to deliver, delivery of cannabis, possession of drug paraphernalia, drug manufacturing, drug cultivation, drug trafficking, and drug conspiracy.
- Weapon Offenses – unlawful use of weapons (UUW), unlawful use or possession of weapons by felons or persons in the custody of the department of corrections, aggravated discharge of a firearm, reckless discharge of a firearm, aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, unlawful sale of firearms, unlawful possession of firearms and firearm ammunition, unlawful purchase of a firearm, gunrunning, and defacing identification marks of firearms.
- Theft – theft, retail theft, deceptive practices, forgery, unlawful use of a credit card, financial identity theft, aggravated financial identity theft, possession of stolen property, financial exploitation of an elderly person or a person with a disability, robbery, armed robbery, burglary, residential burglary, possession of a stolen motor vehicle (PSMV), vehicular hijacking, aggravated vehicular hijacking, possession of burglary tools, and unlawful use of sound recordings.
- Other Felonies and Misdemeanors – assault, aggravated assault, battery, aggravated battery, aggravated battery with a firearm, aggravated battery of a child, domestic battery, violation of an order of protection (VOOP), reckless conduct, disorderly conduct, kidnapping, aggravated kidnapping, unlawful restraint, aggravated unlawful restraint, child abduction, unlawful visitation interference, hate crime, stalking, aggravated stalking, home invasion, criminal trespass to property, criminal trespass to state supported land, criminal damage to property, criminal damage to government supported property, arson, aggravated arson, escape, and perjury.
- Federal Offenses – all charges pending in U.S. Federal Courts.
- White Collar Crimes – bribery, fraud, extortion, identity theft, counterfeiting, kickbacks, RICO crimes, racketeering, embezzlement, larceny, perjury, money laundering, wiretapping, and tax fraud.
- Petitions to Revoke Supervision, Conditional Discharge, and Probation
- Personal Injury and Worker's Compensation – work injuries, automobile accidents, wrongful death, medical malpractice, defective products, slip and fall injuries, products liability injuries, and dog bite injuries.
- Secretary of State Driver's License Revocation Hearings – hearings for full reinstatement of driver's licenses and restricted driver's permits, formal hearings, and informal hearings.
- Criminal Appeals – post-conviction relief, appeals, and appellate law.